Skip to main content

Cetacean Rising

 




March 4th, 2021

It is the apocalypse; whales and/or dolphins moved onto land and have been trying to eradicate mankind. For the most part, they have been successful and mankind is now on the brink of extinction. A little family managed to survive up until this point. In this family were at least three generations of people.

The family managed to catch a dolphin and make a living along train tracks. After finding a place to settle, they would walk the dolphin a safe distance away and make it tell whales not to approach. This was the job of a middle-aged man, the father of all the children in the group. A device attached to a harness around the beast’s midsection locked the mechanism in place. It had the appearance of a fan and was used by the whales to communicate across vast distances on land.

The rest of the family began to set up camp over the tracks of the trains. There were ruins and debris left over from a huge battle between whales and humans as several lay dead nearby. No one noticed that the youngest daughter was already missing before their camp had even finished being set up. Then at dinner, all were oblivious to a nearby bear which had its arms mangled in a fierce battle with a moose-like creature, and it was still greatly upset. This would be the last time the family would sit and eat together like they’d done so many times before.

This dream was actually dreamt as a movie I was watching during a second Texas snow apocalypse. I still don't understand how it had such a creepy vibe when the whales and dolphins had to crawl on their bellies like worms. A silly dream that was fun to watch.

My next post will be serious; I am currently researching the topics proposed by another dream on March 10. A warning will be written at the top - please don't skip it.

This post was edited by my friend, Midnight Philosopher.


Mead, James G.. "Cetacean". Encyclopedia Britannica, 25 May. 2020, https://www.britannica.com/animal/cetacean. Accessed 10 March 2021.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...