Skip to main content

Standing Still


A beautiful Lily resting upon water

Photo by Zoltan Tasi on Unsplash


November 25, 2020

In this dream, a tribe of mer-people (like Mermaids, but

both genders) decided to leave the sea and make a home for themselves on dry land. However, a flood came and the people began to panic as the sea desperately reached for it’s old friends. Zeus and Poseidon came down from heaven and said

to the people, "This storm will pass, and you will not die.” The people did not trust the gods' word, so they returned to the sea as mer-people with a plan. Their fishtails returned, and they performed a

beautifully haunting song and dance. It was like a hum, but much more powerful. Simultaneously they danced through the sea until it had been lulled into tranquility. Afterward, they returned to dry land and their human-like form, handing Poseidon his Triton as they passed him by.


It's easy to believe them when the storm is far away.

However, our faith is tested under the pressure of the storm when it has arrived. The gods said not to worry - but then the rain came. The people panicked when the waters reached the houses, and even though gods said that the village folk would be fine, the people took their fate into their own hands. Isn't this what we do today? The people did not have to do anything as the storm fell upon them; they could have stayed in the village and gone to sleep. They chose not to.


Sometimes, we, as believers, are afraid to do nothing.

We act as though if we are not involved, things won't get

done. However,  when we do nothing, we find faith in the

moments when something happens because it can only be God. This is called "Doing by not doing." I won't pretend it’s easy as it requires trust and patience. This is one way that we, as believers, can rest no matter how mad our world becomes. God can do more while we are sleeping than we can do awake and panicked.


Photo by Steven Diaz on Unsplash

December 1, 2020

The very first night of December, I dreamed of monkeys

enjoying a soak in a hot spring. They had white fur and reddish skin. They would soak in a hot spring on the mountain that they lived on to warm themselves up from the fierce cold of the place they called home. The strange part about these monkeys is the fact that their snowy mountain home was in Texas.


In the waking world, this monkey would be called the

Japanese Macaque or the Nihonzaru in Japan. When I awoke from this dream, the thought came to me that these monkeys are the perfect example of the theme proposed in the dream mentioned above.


The storms come just like it always does and they ride

it out, just like they always have. In the dream, they simply took advantage of where they were. The Macaque did not fight the storm or stress out about it; they were completely relaxed, finding tranquility within the storm. The Mer-folk were distressed, despite the word of the gods. The Macaque had no such word and yet were at peace. 


How did they find peace in the silence that mankind

struggles to attain despite God's literal voice in our

lives?

Over 2 dozen clocks of various shapes and sizes.

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash


December 3, 2020: 1 A.M.

Late Night Thoughts: Have you ever avoided going to

sleep because you were afraid of tomorrow? It doesn't make any sense, and yet, here I sit, afraid. Lying awake I began to wonder, why am I afraid? Firstly, I am afraid to close my eyes because time seems to flow much faster when I am asleep. Staying awake becomes the solution, but the passing of time is not the problem; it's a variable. The real problem was feeling unable to prepare for the day to come any more than I already had. I was scared to face the next day while feeling so unprepared for it. My response was to stay awake and work - the problem is that the later I stay awake, the more my work suffers. Therefore, my solution becomes a new problem. 


It's easy to forget that sometimes sleeping takes courage.

I am writing this because I can confidently say that things in this document are not easy, and I know that. This is my weakness; for those who share it, I hope you can also find the courage to rest.


Edited by my friend Midnight Philosopher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...