Skip to main content

Sins of the Shepherd




 Photo by Sam Carter on Unsplash

November 29, 2021

The dream I'm about to write is a bit difficult to describe, not because of any otherworldly imagery but because of the nature of the material itself. TRIGGER WARNING; If you are uncomfortable with themes of sexual abuse, I would recommend skipping this post. Please remember that this was a dream; this is not a personal account in any way. For the sake of context, let me tell you a bit about my work life. Bear with me; it's relevant. My first job was at a church doing janitorial and other facility care type work; my second and current job is as a stocker at Walmart. 

This dream takes place after work at Walmart. I left the store frustrated because I couldn't figure out where to store a shipment of apples that we had received, something truly plentiful at our store in the waking world. I digress; feeling overwhelmed, I left, and by this, I mean that the scene suddenly changed. No longer was I at Walmart, but I was at my old job, which is ironically within walking distance of the store. My brother and I were following a campus pastor through the main sanctuary, he was excited to have us back, and we were glad to be available to serve as we once did.

The place seemed bigger somehow and could use a few extra hands in keeping it in tip-top shape. As we passed by a few rows of chairs, the pastor stepped back to leave us to our work, and it was here that I was pleasantly surprised by a figure sitting nearby. She was a friendly face from church that looked out for me, and my brother, as big as this church was, seeing her made it feel small in the friendliest way. The hug we exchanged was one that I've missed, but that's life. 

Meanwhile, in the doorway, the pastor stopped and watched us. He turned back around and approached us with a group of men tailing him, speaking to the three of us as if he had something more to say without really saying anything at all. Even more strange was his wanting to end this brief moment with a hug. I could sense his jealousy as he eyed the women, but I didn't understand it. I don't know how we managed to get out of it, but we did. Despite our dexterity, an unshakeable sense of unease began to weigh on me quite heavily. It told me this was not something I should ignore, but I decided to write the incident off and get to work. There was too much work to be stressing about my discomfort, or so I thought. 

The dream pushes forward into the next day, and it seems that my family and I came together as Sunday service would begin. Of course, my brother and I would still be working, but that's how things were. The discomfort from the other day was still present, but I ignored it. This awkward pastor wanted to see me and had picked a somewhat quiet spot to talk before he would head to the stage to preach. I was supposed to meet him there alone before I headed to work; As you could probably imagine, my discomfort was growing as the distance between this man and me was shrinking.

But how could I refuse? Campus pastors almost seem to function like team managers, each over a different group of volunteers. However, when working as part of the facilities team, any pastor can request your aid. After all, we knew the location of almost anything needed, and messes could occur anywhere that we might not be immediately aware of without their assistance. I would soon learn that this was not why he called me.

Ya, know what's difficult about describing this next part is that other people were aware of this spot and nobody came to warn me. People simply cleared out at my approach. A voice speaks to me, God, I imagine. He said to me, "This is how it begins. When you get there, you're going to be trapped, and he will force you to perform oral sex for him. Things go downhill from here." In a moment, I felt keenly in tune with my present self and future self; this would go on for years and grow worse over time before I would manage to find any freedom. The voice was not a warning but a promise.

I was shocked; what I felt was valid, I should have listened sooner, and now, here I was, waiting for him to arrive because I had already made it to the meeting spot. Service would be starting soon, so I'm sure he was nearly here. However, I had no intention of sticking around and waiting for him to arrive. With that prophecy floating around in my head, I knew that this was the only chance I had to escape my fate, and I needed to move fast.

In moments his entourage was on the scene. They were gathering at the exits hoping to block me in. They came to make sure the pastor got what he came for, and that disturbs me immensely. Lucky for me, they were too late; I had slipped out of the room just before they arrived. It is so disgusting to see how vigorously they began to search for me. This man didn't want to hit the stage without his blowjob. My hiding place wasn't a good one, but it was enough. A corner was between them and me, nothing else. I thank God they didn't find me. 

Suddenly, the men headed back towards the stage, time was up, and service was about to begin. As I exited the backstage room, wherein I found myself, several coordinators for the service spotted me; they looked at me with disgust and annoyance as they went about coordinating the service. Thankfully it was too late for them to do anything more, and the dream ends here.

I hate dreams like this. I would rather wake up with haunting blood-curdling screams echoing through my head, which is not uncommon for me than to wake up from dreams like this. I usually get a few dreams like this a year, and afterward, I typically shove people away for a while and begin to withdraw. Touch can go from being something comforting to something entirely disgusting and horrifying.

But unlike other times, I don't feel as overwhelmed as usual. I thank God for my counselor, my family, and friends that I could talk with about this. These are friends who could love me even as I told them that I was afraid of them, that I do push them away sometimes, and that the fear that plagues me might last a while. I'm grateful for their patience with me, and the gentle love they show me.  As much as I hate these kinds of dreams, I feel like there is hope here. I got away, and I was safe this time. I know the impact of this dream will sit with me in the waking world for a while, but I'm not feeling so overwhelmed. I'm thankful for that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...