Skip to main content

Eat, Drink, Sleep, Hope

 Photo by Alexander Possingham on Unsplash

"How Simply We Desire A Bed"

August 2, 2021: In this dream, I found myself in a shopping center, specifically a shoe store.

Partway through the dream, as I walked through this store, the manager offered me a position as a sales associate. Please don't ask me why because I have no idea. He signals for a man over the sales team to come over and join us in our conversation and to figure out the needs that they currently have.

The only available day that they had turned out to be a Thursday and only a Thursday. Not wanting to slow him down, I accepted the job and pulled out my phone so that we could exchange numbers. Walking with him as he set about the store, doing whatever it was that he was there to do.

In this store were stripes of colored tape on the ground. Red, yellow, and presumably green. Each color had the effect of street lights of the same color in America. Red means stop, yellow means slow down, and green meaning go. It seemed to direct the flow of people through the store better than anything I have seen in the waking world. I initially thought it was weird how my boss stopped on yellow, but there were so many people passing in front of him that it makes sense retrospectively.

Afterward, I met with my folks and my brother to share the news. Moving from facilities is a tough transition, so I was excited for the change of pace and the opportunities provided to me. Though there is nothing wrong with facilities/ janitorial work, and a strong sense of understanding between us who practice the trade, there is a difficulty in transitioning from the business that I can attest to first hand.

As the dream continued to unfold, my mind began to contemplate this thought "Transitioning out becomes even more difficult when most jobs desire a degree, but you are not qualified without experience, which you won't get without a degree." It feels like a problematic cycle to push through that requires an odd combination of grace and luck. These days finding the right path for you can be just as hard as finding a job. The thoughts continue, "I know many people that have degrees they don't want that are simultaneously difficult to find work with." Regardless of their skills, they struggle just like me.

The point of this line of thinking is that I just needed a new job. Even though the hours are crap, one day a week starting at 8 pm is still good because I can put that experience on my resume and use my new customer service skills to move up in the business world.

Afterward, I think, "How simply we desire a bed." It's a good desire to want that, but it isn't something easy to come by. I felt like I was considering more than just my experience, but that of millennials everywhere. Fearful of a future that approaches us quickly that we are unsure how to embrace.

How simply we desire a bed: a good desire, a fading hope for many.

You can find all of my content at Hypnonautics new home here at https://hypnonautic.org/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...