Skip to main content

God Eater

Please excuse the delay. I had my wisdom teeth removed and spent most of my recovery time sleeping. I'm sore, but I'm back. The dreams I had as of late are a bit weirder than the one I have written below. This week I will try to catch up by posting extra dreams. Hope you are all doing well!

 

Dream 02/23/21

A young man was at a school with his brother who did photography for one of the classes. He did this despite not being apart of the class. While on the way home, his brother vanishes. A woman he did not know began to aid him in his search for his brother. They went to a garage where the thought hits him "This lady may have tricked me into sacrificing him for power, and now he might have been wandering through an alternate dimension of rain and darkness because of me." 


The garage was connected to a realm of darkness. Without any hesitation, he opened the door and peered out into the darkness. Just outside the door was a two-story tall, dark god with skin as black as night. It bent down on its hands and knees to better reach within the garage, trying to grab them both, easily catching her but not him. In his rage and sadness, he not only kept it at bay, but he managed to knock its head off and began to devour its writhing corpse and drink its warm blood. Out of its body, hearts had begun to pop out. Each heart had a different story. One was a demigod whose father was a water god. The demigods' divine side manifested as a long snakelike fish that wrapped around his body. Most of its other victims were human.


Scrolling through a list of all the souls released, his brother was not among them, and he was relieved. From the half-eaten god, he gained powers over life and healing. His divine powers manifested over the ocean on earth, where he chose to resurrect all the devoured dead. Guess you gotta die on earth before you can die in that other world, wherever we were.


This dream brought to mind something I came across in my studies many years ago. It is called "The Cannibal Hymn." The hymn describes a god-eater, the Cannibal Pharaoh, whose name is
"Unas" or "Unis." The Hymn describes how it devoured the flesh and innards of the gods. In the article below, it is proposed by Anna Dvornichenko in the "Commented Translation of the Cannibal Hymn" that Unas would eat the earth gods, the Pharaohs, to become an elder god.

In Genesis Chapter three, our ancestors (the Adam) ate from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil to become like God, as the snake had proposed would happen. As they devoured the flesh of the fruit and drank the richness of it ichor, it becomes obvious that Unas had only done what Adam had done before him.

Akulov, Alexander, and Anna Dvornichenko. “CAES Vol 2, № 4.” Cultural Anthropology and Ethnosemiotics, Cultural Anthropology and Ethnosemiotics (CAES), 5 Jan. 2017, culturalanthropologyandethnosemiotics.wordpress.com/2016/12/12/caes-vol-2-%E2%84%96-4/.


02/26/2021

In another dream, I witnessed a book called Dharma Speaks. I never opened the book, and I remember nothing of it, so I decided to ponder what might be in a book such as this. I don't know much about dharma at all. I believe it's a word with religious significance in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism; however, beyond that, I am unsure of its full meaning. Dharma seems to be the law that governs mankind, and it is our refuge when practiced in society's context. Now, regarding these contemplations, there were two or three chapters I remember by name. These were, Little, Truthfully, and Loudly.  Below is how I would approach it if I wrote this from a Christian perspective.

The Dharma has spoken and need not waste its breath repeating itself. It tells us of our doom, but we ignore its whispers. We then nourish it by our own efforts and cause it to wither in our rest. Its words clash with our nature, and we succumb to our wounds. His Father is Death, and his Mother is Adoration. The name of this Dharma is "Fairness," and his wife's name is "Impartiality." 

Britannica, The Editors of Encyclopaedia. "Dharma". Encyclopedia Britannica, 9 Apr. 2019, https://www.britannica.com/topic/dharma-religious-concept. Accessed 7 March 2021.

What am I willing to give up as a believer in the pursuit of justice and fairness? Should I sacrifice mercy and grace? Should I sacrifice love and refuse to turn the other cheek? Is it ok for me to withhold grace from others when it was not withheld from me? 

Ephesians 2:8-13; For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves it is the gift of God- not by works so that no one can boast. For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Therefore, remember that you who are Gentiles by birth and called uncircumcised by those that call themselves circumcised, you were once separate from God but are now brought close by the blood of Jesus Christ.

No one is born into salvation, redemption, and sanctification. I must not allow myself to give in to the temptation to hate and or mistreat people for any reason. To do so is to express practical heresy by refusing to submit to the will of God. Christians are not called to fairness. Fairness is easy; we are called to love others unfairly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...