Skip to main content

Influencing a Dream


Lately, I have been having dreams centered around the stock market. The dreams follow the same story each time. I wake up in the morning to find my investments have increased dramatically. One such stock being Dogecoin at over $8,000 a share. Another stock went up equally high, if not higher, but it was not a cryptocurrency.

However, the stress from the recent battles in the stock market has entered my dreams from the day I heard about them. The market volatility is beyond anything I have seen, and I am truly excited to watch this play out as much as I am able.

I feel like an economist, though I am not, watching closely to see what might happen on Monday morning. In my mind, it feels like I am standing at the edge of a bountiful field with a scythe in my hand.

It is interesting because these dreams are behaving in a way that I consider uncommon. Usually, more than a week will pass before I dream about something that I have seen in the real world. This makes me wonder how stress can impact what appears in a dream.

Last year, I discovered that I can begin to dream in sign language by thinking in sign language for several days. I believe this is also why I have had dreams in Spanish, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese. Despite my infancy with these languages, I still find myself dreaming in these languages' written and or spoken forms. This could be why I had many dreams about race and politics last year when I started this blog as these were things that I thought about oft throughout my day.

Theoretically, could it be possible that a person could similarly construct their own dreams? This is not based on the idea of conscious control but authorship. If this theory is correct, could people then use this space as a lab to innovate for the waking world? A random thought whose validity I would like to experiment with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...