Skip to main content

Ghoulish Thoughts

 November 16;

This dream took place amidst the chaos of a zombie apocalypse; it was terrifying but also kinda awesome. The number of zombies was truly remarkable. Survival at all seemed to be a miracle of sorts. Somehow through all of the chaos, I managed to find my way out of the infected zone; however, this respite would be but a moment and nothing more.


As I re-entered the infected zone, I encountered a man who had suffered a great loss. There was a door with several names written in red from top to bottom on the door. All the names were of infected individuals on the other side. One of those names, "Stephanie," was the name of his wife. I looked at the door, held up my hands, put my thumb and middle finger together, extended my other fingers, and snapped. In response, the first name disappeared.


I snapped again, and the second name disappeared. Though I could not see those on the other side of the door, with a few more snaps of my finger, the rest of them were liberated. Opening the door, we stepped inside. We could not see his wife; she was gone. The dream gets weird from here, becoming a love story between the husband and his wife once she is found. There is also a platypus bear and this intense zombie chase scene. None of which I feel like describing in detail.


As I began to cross the threshold of the dreaming world to the waking world, a thought crossed my mind saying, "the zombies that you see are the Progressive Party." A bold statement, one I should like to explore. From examing the characteristics of the zombies in my dream, I have concluded that a parasite is a form of logic that compels a person's behavior. This is regarding political rhetoric that dictates behaviors—this is not bound to the context of personal relationships between individuals.


A zombie never stops to question what it is doing or why. They are often preoccupied with hunting and spreading the infection. They fight without weapons in vast hordes where logic and strategy mean nothing in the face of such adversity. Zombies look just like everybody else; thus, a zombie can be your neighbor, and you would not know unless he was actively trying to kill you. Everybody becomes a potential threat when the monster can look like anybody.


Another sign of this infection outside of the political realm is an aggressive form of mass hysteria, often found in political groups and religious movements. An example of this would be the Israel of God, a black nationalists group that I grew up in. Groups like these often spread the idea that our issues come from outside of the Afro-American ethnic community and not from within. They preach segregation, make cultural claims they cannot prove, and aggressively defend these false realities. This is one visible manifestation of the sickness, and we must be cautious to avoid the possibility of infection.


In my opinion, the most obvious sign of this infection right now is "White guilt," and it is a sign that the infection is taking hold outside of the Afro-American community. Honestly, any social or political ideology can become a sickness with the aforementioned symptoms. This is not limited to any one party or ideology. The ideas of an ethnic state, or Christian nationalism, would also be good examples of this phenomenon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...