Skip to main content

Tricenarian Game


Photo by Hassan Pasha on Unsplash


The Man Who Never Lost & The Man That Never Loses

Two men seated at a table, deep in contemplation. A fierce battle is underway, replayed for the last time where it had always happened for the past thirty years. The only weapons allowed are their wits and the only armor they have is their stoicism. Only one is deserving of the title that he possesses and today is the day they find out who is truly worthy of his name.

Let us begin by analyzing "The man who never loses". Everyday he plays their game he will look his opponent in the eyes, and then he makes his move. It carries him through the whole game without fail, just as he knows it will. A scratch of the chin, a twitch of the eye, a tiny grimace here and there. These are his signals, signposts towards victory. Today is no exception. His opponent is a creature of habit, victory is assured.

The "Opponent", moves quickly, erratically, just as he always has. For the first time, both titles are truly on the line. A grimace here, a twitch of the eye there, and lastly a touch of the chin. 

Victory! It landed right where it always had. Though things turned out the way they always do, witnesses of this fierce game walk away entirely surprised. The victor himself was not. With his head bowed low in defeat, out walks the man that never loses. His title forsaken as it was never his to begin with.

"The Man Who Never Lost" is based on the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. His death was not His defeat, it was His victory. 

A random thought not a dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Ad Nauseam

  Photo by Robert Anasch on Unsplash July 17, dream In this dream, I had seen a pyramid that was said to be asleep. However, its slumber was disturbed due to the presence of a young man. "When you're awake, this place feels more sadistic." A soldier spoke these words to the young man, which were true. The trees would move within the space of the pyramid that stood within an immense pyramid. In this place, the military was present and looking for Hypnogogic runes. These spells granted one the power of Unas, the God eater. For the one who found them, he would devour all the gods. There was a room I found myself in; runes were etched into the wall of a secret room. Each one was surrounded by blue lightning and set on a nearby wall. The pyramid had made its choice, and its power would be mine. Simultaneously, two friends of mine were getting married in this same pyramid. I was in attendance at both weddings and was wanting to congratulate my friends, but I was torn. My lust ...