Skip to main content

Time-Lancer

 

Thank you Shellie Summers for the amazing Artwork!

September 8

Time-Lancers, a supernatural breed of humans that lived among us primarily in secret, excluding, of course, the few humans that knew about them and sought to kill them. This dream was centered around a young boy who, due to the recent death of his parents, had become the last of the Time-Lancers. At the young age of 10,000, he looked just like any 10-year-old boy should. Time Lancers seemed to age relatively slowly in comparison to humans, they also seemed to possess a really powerful memory. The absolute best way to describe their memory would be time travel because they could essentially relive any moment in their lives as if they had jumped back in time. They could also process this information so fast that they could live the length of their entire lives in a single moment.


If memory serves correct, a Time-Lancer could see and interact with red strands (fates) that every person was wrapped around within varying degrees. These strands connected people together in a visible way, based on the impact that they would have on one another's life. Example: If I am going to encounter and befriend you, then every day of my life before and after that a red strand will be tied from me to you. A Time-Lancer could cut these strands, the possibility of any kind of relationship, and any impact with that person. In the extreme, they could completely cut away all of a person's red strands and completely isolate them, this was considered to be a kind of death. I had the feeling that the tool they used to cut the strands was some kind of scissor-like tool; perhaps they were the lances?


If age equaled maturity, I would be tempted to assume that mankind does not live long enough to reach a state of full maturity. We are so young. If we could live 10,000 years, maybe it would be long enough for us to do something incredible, invent the wheel perhaps, or discover gravity. For now, though, I think I will stop here before I start thinking of something really crazy, like a digital music box or long-distance communication. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...