Skip to main content

Monsters & Men

September 3

There were two kingdoms at war with each other, but it was not the people who fought the battles. It was a King from both sides, a group of princes, and a princess on each side. One nation was the human side; this was the kingdom I followed. The other was full of monsters with human qualities.


After a very intense skirmish that occurred just a few minutes prior, the beast-men wandered into our territory on the hunt for some form of retribution for our assault. From a hideout in the caves, we looked down upon the beast and plotted our next move.


The young King decided that he would take a smaller group from among the bunch, princes only, and invade the neighboring kingdom a second time with much darker intentions than before. He did not want to tell the princess of his plan, nor his advisor (another prince), knowing full well that they would oppose him. He was right. 


"This is more than a war between nations; it is a war within yourself. Don't do this." the wise prince pleaded with the King. But the King did not listen. Raging rivers of the blood of men and monsters might be the only thing loud enough to wake the King from his recklessness, and then again, maybe not.


I wonder what made the King act so stubbornly and so monstrously? What battle was the King facing inside himself?

  • Apathy

  • Arrogance

  • Greed

  • Ignorance (Heartlessness)

  • Pride

  • Shame

These are some possible ideas, but I honestly don't know. It could have been any of these, none of them, or some horrible amalgamation of all of those feelings at once. Regardless, whatever happens in the waking world, I hope I win those inner battles as they come.

Here are a few other dreams circulated around the topic of race.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...