Skip to main content

Eyes of God

 September 13

A dream where the Catholic church was involved. A lady was trying to earn her wings but got tricked by another into doing her dirty work. Many spirits served this undead woman in her existential purgatory. The church condemned her to hell for her crimes against humanity and a gate appeared and swallowed her up, but then, a hand reached through the gate, grabbed her out. The hand was the hand of God. The nun was condemned, the woman who served her was saved despite her sins. The women sprouted wings and was freed from her purgatory.


This dream was very interesting, and hard to write about. The lesson that I most clearly see is this idea of God looking at the heart and making judgements. I as a Christians might judge somebody as worthy of divine punishment, and then God turns around and rescues those that I condemn. We both place judgements, but, only one of us is justified in doing so. Those I condemn could be the next Paul or Samson. 


Example: 

  • Cain kills Abel and God responds by marking Cain with a promise. Live without the fear of death because when people see this mark, they will know not to mess with you. Mercy.
  • Biblical Law states that the sin of Adultery is to be punished with death. King David did this very act, God did not strike him down. Grace.
  • Judas betrayed Jesus, just as Jesus said He would. Judas was still one of the twelve and hung out with Jesus consistently.
  • Many Christians died because of Paul who openly persecuted them. A majority of the New Testament consists of letters from Paul.

My judgements and plans are not like Gods. If I only treated people well because I thought they would make good Christians, I could only wonder how many thousands I would miss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...