Skip to main content

Neighbors Doll


A small doll sitting on a wooden bench with fall colored leaves

Photo by Nong Vang on Unsplash

August 20th;

(My Perspective): Last night, I had a dream where my family was getting ready to host relatives from out of town at our house. Our family was coming to help celebrate my autistic dream sibling's birthday in the next 2 days. My little brother loved sleeping downstairs on the floor, buried under stuffed animals with a dark blue blanket. He slept right next to a Christmas tree that was fully lit in this small sitting room. He chose the floor over the couch.

(Not My Perspective): Meanwhile, the Home Alone movie guys went next door to try and rob our neighbor. She was presumed to be out of town; the timing was no less than perfect. As they slunk through her backyard and slowly approached the backdoor, it had a warning on it in big letters. "Thieves stay away" was scrawled in big letters on the door. They decided to ignore this first and only warning. The door slowly creaked open, and for just a second, a tall and pale woman looked at them from within. Shocked to learn the building was not empty yet committed to the crime, they decided to enter the house anyway, ready for a fight. However, the moment they crossed the threshold, they found themselves alone. The mysterious lady was nowhere to be seen. To their left was a small and empty living room; the only light present was that which seeped in through a window on the other side of the room. A woman laid covered from head to toe under a blanket (presumably this was the neighbor), dead on the cold floor. If she was dead, then who had they seen behind the door? As the two turned to their right, a child-sized doll stood in a small space immediately to their right. It attacked, biting off an ear and then closing its mouth around one of the goons head, biting it clean off without hesitation. With one down, the other was long gone. Though he was dead, the body would still have its uses, just like the one on the living room floor.


(My Perspective): Next thing I know, a guest stops by my house. It's our neighbor, what a surprise, I thought she was out of town. It was such a pleasure to see her, although I heard a strange clicking and popping sound when she moved; I hope she is okay. I told her about my brother's birthday, and she offered to bring something for him, how nice. Mom thought it was a bad idea but did not want to be impolite; my brother can be very picky. I told her to feel free to prepare a toy, and she left with such excitement that it was contagious. I couldn't help feeling a bit curious and excited to see what she brings.


(Not My Perspective): The other me, the witness, he knew my brother was gonna love the doll our neighbor would be bringing him and that he would sleep with it right beside the Christmas tree.


P.S. This is a good reason for me to not like dolls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...