Skip to main content

Dream Job

Photo by Fabian Blank on Unsplash


August 21st 

So yesterday I had a dream wherein I found myself working with a company on some big project. I held the companies financial psychologist's position, whereas another young guy who was around my age held a different, equally important position. I feel as though we were interns or something, but I honestly don't know. Both of us had the purpose of advising the company heads in the direction that they should move to increase profits. "As all services and commodities are seasonal due to psychological and environmental reasons," my boss surmised. My job was to know what season we were in so that we could best reach potential customers with our variety of products. We were the youngest on the team, and my boss knew everything that I knew, so I found myself questioning why I was even there. He had the other young guy and me seated just behind him while the other executives sat in front of him at his table. I felt honored and extremely out of place at the same time.

The dream took a strange turn after this; I found myself in a bathroom after a phone call with a friend of mine. It was here while sitting still that I realized I was dreaming. I found clarity because it didn't feel like a dream; I felt awake. I got up and walked towards a mirror and realized, "I'm dreaming," a fact I could not deny when I saw that I didn't have a reflection.

So here I was, lucid while asleep. What should I do? I stepped out of the bathroom and walked down the hall back towards my boss's office. Something was different, and it wasn't just me. When I stepped into his office, it seemed as if my whole center of gravity shifted. Suddenly I was forced flat to the ground, crawling as if scaling a mighty mountain. I felt like I was wrestling with something in a way I can't describe, but there was no way I intended to lose. The world rocked and swayed at my rebellion, but I held on and pushed back until the world finally submitted. All the while, not a soul seemed to notice me anymore. So with my dream now in my hands, I decided to leave; why waste my time working when I could be having fun? I hurled myself through the glass window at my boss's back and headed to the edge of the property. A river flowed out so beautifully nearby, of course, I was gonna go and fly over it. A disembodied voice said, "wait till the leaves are carried by the wind and then go," and so I did. It didn't take long, but it was worth the wait. It was the most fun dream I've had in a while; flying was amazing, conjuring walls of ice and carving them into castles, constructing bridges or cliffs; it all felt so awesome. When I finally finished, I closed my eyes and could feel my real arms crossed over my chest, then I opened my eyes, and I was awake. This dream was pretty long but fun, and I actually skipped a lot of details. 

As a person who is always daydreaming, I am always mere seconds away from adventures such as this. However, at the end of the day, it is only just a dream and I have to wake up at some point, 

just not yet.


Comments

  1. Brilliant. I find your ability to put images into words incredible. “Wait till the leaves are carried by the wind then go”. What an incredible mind to be able to conjure such beautiful images within one’s dream. I love it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preferred Prey

Photo by Dan Dennis on Unsplash December 4, 2020 In this dream, I was watching a tv show. A were-cat (not to be confused with a werewolf) was living on his own in a post-apocalyptic world. I shall call him "Prey." As he walked, he found himself upon an elevated plain where another were-cat appeared that I shall call "Hunter."  Hunter saw Prey, and both men responded to each other by shifting from human form into a semi-human form with long tails and spotted fur, like cheetahs or jaguars. A 70mph chase ensued across the plateau with Hunter in hot pursuit. Because both were running at the same speed, this was not a chase that would end quickly.  Both men had limited stamina, just like actual big cats. Eventually, the chase came to an end when their energy ran out. Hunter proposed a truce because they found themselves surrounded by trees (bear territory) and it would be safer if they stuck together. Both agreed to this plan, and they began journeying out of the fores...

False Awakenings

Art is courtesy of my friend, Shellie Summers. Thank you, Shellie! Lately, my dreams have been filled with werewolves, vampires, necromancers, and other monsters.  The fights are full of magic and are incredible to behold. However, I have not learned anything of value from them. Unless, of course, one is looking to find a way to keep a vampire from killing you.  I don't think knowing that using light magic as a possible weapon instead of dark magic (also called filth) would be of any use to anyone in real life. Thats why today I have decided to post about a dream I had some time ago that I think back to every once in a while. ”Some time ago” is short for "I can't remember when, but I know it was likely this month or last month." I have forgotten most of this dream, but I do remember the most significant part to me. In the sky was a gigantic sphere; inside that sphere was another Earth that I was constructing with awesome power. However, as the new world grew bigger, o...

Mirror Folk

Photo by Casey Horner on Unsplash October 24 : Do you wanna see something cool.  Go into your closet and under a shelf (preferably empty and across from the door), push against the wall, and then past it. Push forward until you find yourself facing another shelf, and you're almost there. The resonate hum of glass will signal the success of ones crossing the threshold between our worlds. Should you choose to keep going, you will find yourself facing the closet door that you entered, step through it and see for yourself that which lies beyond. Firstly, one might notice that everything looks the same. They that live here will look just like those they imitate. There is one flaw in their trick, they are polar opposite to those they imitate. Be sure to stop by on a rainy day to marvel at the sight of rainbows that bend in unnatural ways and in an order reversed from those beyond this world of glass.  Lastly, you must never forget; Don't go alone Don't go at night You might hav...